Student Core Value Competencies: The MCN Core Values are deeply embedded in all that we do at both of our schools. In order to build and maintain a strong school culture, each MCN school is armed with tools and resources to engage students with the Core Values. The MCN Core Values and student competencies tied the growth of the whole child are:
- Achievement: I work hard to challenge myself to grow and reach high levels of achievement!
- Wonder: I am curious, I ask questions, I seek knowledge, and I show innovation and creativity.
- Empathy: I seek to understand how others feel and demonstrate this with my words and actions so everyone in my community is included.
- Collaboration: I know that we are stronger together, so I support others!
- Advocacy: I am empowered to create change in my community.
Curriculum that Supports Social-Emotional Learning: McGlone Academy leverages a variety of curricula that contributes to students’ social-emotional learning and growth, including PATHS (which is bilingual) and Capturing Kids Hearts. In addition, all of our classrooms start the day with a morning circle or Advisory in the middle school.
School-Based Student Support Teams: McGlone Academy has a full student support team to ensure that whole child needs are adequately met. This team includes a nurse, psychologist, social worker, and a Dean of Students for each academy (Lobitos- ECE-2nd, Lobos-3rd-5th, Wolfpack-6th-8th).
Empowerment Team: Our school has a team of Specialists leading STEAM and physical education courses. Students at McGlone are being challenged and engaged with science, technology, the arts, and physical education.
Restorative Practices: McGlone leverages restorative practices to promote and strengthen positive school culture and enhance pro-social relationships within the school community.