Family Information & Resources
School Breakfast/Lunch Menu (see monthly K-8 menu)
The DPS Food and Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that aim to provide your children with nutritious wholesome meals that promote healthy eating habits and lifelong nutrition and fitness practices. Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
- Free and Reduced Lunch: The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is a federally assisted meal program. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day to all public and non-profit private schools (regardless of tuition). Eligibility is determined through an application process which considers both income and household size. To apply for Free and Reduced lunch for your student(s), please click here.
Learn about the many family services DPS offers to support you and your child. To learn more about the MCN FACE Center at John H. Amesse Elementary, click here.
McGlone Academy uses different methods of communication to share information with families. Check out our facebook page, give us your email so we can add you to our electronic Thursday Flyer and make sure you join our school’s REMIND by sending a text to 81010 with our school code @mcglonee. More information on how to join our school or class can be found here.
We know that many families want to know about any safety concerns that happen during the day with our kids. Our priority is always to communicate with you and we wanted to share our different protocols:
- We will not send communication home for drills (fire, tornado, lock out or lockdown) as these are just practice. We do a fire drill every month, and a tornado, lock down and lock out once a semester.
- If there is a safety concern that inside our building and constitutes a response, or a very serious concern in the community that needs immediate action on the part of families, you will immediately receive communication, both from the district as well as through our own communication systems.
- If there is a safety concern that affects our building as part of the community but school continues as normal, we will hold on communication until the end of the day. We do this to not interrupt your work schedule and not cause alarm when we do not need to. However, we always communicate by end of the day so when your student comes home you have all the information.
We use a couple different communication platforms:
- All district wide emergency communication will go out through DPS Messenger System. This means a Robo Call from DPS.
- McGlone will follow up with additional communication as needed.
- All school emergency communication will go out through DPS Messenger System (School Lock Out or Lock Down). This means a Robo Call from Ms. Goodall.
- Additionally you will receive a Remind and letter home that day, both a hard paper copy and soft copy in your emails.
McGlone Academy follows all of DPS guidelines when it comes to school closures due to inclement weather.
If you have ANY questions please feel free to come join us at a family meeting or stop by the school to speak with our principal, Ms. Goodall, email@example.com.