McGlone Academy is committed to creating a school family where every kid achieves excellent outcomes in both academics and the arts, while simultaneously building 21st century skills to become changemakers in our Montbello community.
McGlone Academy ensures we achieve our vision for all students and the Montbello community by providing rigorous and supportive educational experience to students from ECE through 8th grade. We achieve this vision by setting ambitious goals and prioritizing resources to meet the needs of every student.
McGlone’s teachers, staff, administrators, students, families, and community partners are grounded in common understandings and application of the following core values which are rooted in both the Denver Public Schools’ core and those developed by the McGlone community as part of the school turnaround effort.
- Honesty – I am truthful and trustworthy in my words and actions.
- Wonder – I am curious, I ask questions, I seek knowledge, and I show creativity.
- Empathy – I seek to understand how others feel and demonstrate this with my words and actions.
- Respect – I honor myself, my school and my community.
- Perseverance – I don’t give up, even when it’s difficult.