Dear Families & Community Members,
My name is Sara Gips Goodall, and I am the very proud principal of McGlone Academy! Whether you are a current student, family member, community partner or prospective student, I am excited to share our wonderful school and community with you.
This is my sixth year at McGlone and I could not be happier to work with our incredible team of staff members. McGlone Academy has truly undergone a transformation over the past couple of years, both inside and out, and the educational opportunities and experiences that we now offer are many. Last year, we expanded to become a K-8 school, and by 2018-19, we will be at full build out through 8th grade to ensure our students continue to learn and grow in the McGlone family all the way through 8th grade. We have shown remarkable academic growth over the past six years, as well as renovated our main building, added a middle school wing, and added a addition to the little building to ensure that every child has the chance to learn from strong, caring teachers in beautiful classrooms with technology and innovative design.
As an innovation school serving the Montbello neighborhood, our students are proud to be a part of the McGlone family. We are a diverse community school that not only provides rigorous academics ECE-7th grade, but also strong programming to cultivate the whole-child. There are several unique aspects of our school that make us stand-out:
- We are a large school, with an emphasis on school culture so that our students and staff feel deeply connected. We show pride in our community through project based learning and community partnerships and we work to empower our students and families to be advocates and changemakers in Montbello.
- We live our core values of Wonder, Honesty, Empathy, Respect and Perseverance in everything that we do.
- We ensure that there is high quality instruction and supports in ALL classrooms! We have paraprofessionals in every classroom through 2nd grade, and then two per grade for 3-5.
- We are working hard to level the digital-divide by having Chromebooks available for 2nd-7th grade, and promethean boards in every classroom. We also have a new “makerspace”, which provides students with state of the art technology to gain important 21st century skills.
- We offer a full range of elective and specials, with elementary students having almost two hours a day in art, music, physical education, technology & science. Middle school students have PE throughout the year as well as an hour of electives!
- We have strong community partnerships to support our families – we are the second school in Denver and the only one in the Far Northeast to have a Center for Family Opportunity (CFO) – the CFO provides free wrap-around services, including English classes, Citizenship classes, mental health support, Workforce Development, etc., for the entire Montbello adult community!
- We have four ECE-4 programs!
- We believe in inclusion – we have special education teachers at every grade level and offer co-teaching classrooms. In grades ECE – 5 we also offer classes taught in English as well as Spanish
- Our teachers and staff are committed – we have had 90% retention of teachers for the past three years!
- We have a strong student support team comprised of a full-time psychologist, full-time social worker, full-time nurse and nurse tech, a Dean of Students and three student advisors, and a partnership with the Mental Health Center that provides us with a site-based, part-time school-based therapist.
At McGlone Academy, we believe that happy kids learn more – and work to foster that love of learning and community in everything we do.If you are looking into the options for your child’s education and considering McGlone, I know that choosing a school for your child can be a daunting process.. In trying to make this process easier, we invite you to stop by and see what we’re all about and what we can offer you and your child. If you are interested in a school tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about your options and select a school that best fits your child and will set them up for success now and in the future; at McGlone, we believe that the family is the most important educator, and we are honored to play a small part in their growth and development. Your kids – our kids – deserve nothing but the best. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to learn more about our school or to schedule a tour. Our doors are always open! .
Sara Gips Goodall, Principal