Join Our Team!
McGlone is currently hiring for the 2016-2017 school year. You can find all Denver Public School job postings using the appropriate link below.
Teacher Understandings and Expectations
- McGlone Elementary is a professional learning community. All members join the community with an understanding of and alignment with McGlone’s Innovation Plan.
- Teachers see themselves first as learners, then as teachers of students, then as teachers of curriculum.
- All standards-based core academic subjects are collaboratively planned and implemented by teams. Teachers are responsible for the work of their team and the students’ achievement of their classroom and grade level as a whole.
- Teachers are expected to use technology as an instructional tool during daily instruction and to teach students how to use technology as a tool for learning, research, and creation of authentic work products.
- Teachers are expected to collaboratively plan and implement integrated units of study that allow students to make authentic connections across subject areas.
- Teachers are expected to utilize best practices for teaching second language learners within their daily instruction in all content areas.
- Teachers plan for lessons which are inquiry based and allow for student creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Teachers collaboratively create, administer, and score common assessments to assess student progress towards rigorous goals.
- Teachers understand that student achievement data results will be transparent and will serve as a learning tool for self-reflection, celebration, collegial dialogue, course correction, and accountability to our stakeholders.